Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Monday, February 15, 2010

Sorry for the hiatus




Wow I guess it has been quite awhile since I have updated on here. Well on the weekend of Feb 6th we traveled to Topeka for Joshs grandparents 50th anniversary party. We spent the night so we could spend some extra time with Joshs mom and stepdad since this would be their first time meeting Kinsey. We stayed in a hotel in Topeka and Kinsey did great on her first night away from home. We arrived in Topeka about 11:00 in time for the anniversary party. Frank and Colette are a true inspiration to all married couples and we are so happy to have had the honor of celebrating their 50th anniversary with them. After the party we all went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner. We dined at Red Lobster where Josh and I had a glass of wine and a beer. As it was early and the hotel was within walking distance we were pretty excited. Kinsey slept well in the hotel and really loved meeting the rest of her family. It was great to spend time with those we dont get to see too often.




As everyone knows yesterday was Valentines day. Kins and I woke up and Josh had suprised us with flowers. Kinsey got pink roses and I got red roses. He then asked both of us to be his Valentine. How precious. My good friend Nichole kept Kinsey over night so Josh and I could go to dinner and spend the night alone. I was a nervous mess. I called Nichole a million times. It was, however, nice to spend some quality time with Josh, not to mention a full nights sleep. Nichole said that Kinsey slept very well and was a perfect angel for them. I am sooo glad her first sleep over went so well.




Kinsey is 6 weeks now and my maternity leave is officially half over. I really enjoy spending each day with her and am not looking forward to going back to work. Being a mom is the most rewarding job and each day I spend with her is a blessing.




1 comments:

Melissa said...

yes, it truely is a blessing! I love that her and Ansley have all the same outfits and we never went shopping together! lol enjoy your last 6 weeks off!! :)

Post a Comment