Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thankful Thanksgiving

Carving out a special time to slow down and just be in the moment with family is a much needed thing for us each year. I feel like each year is getting busier and busier. This year Josh had 4 whole days home with us. It was absolutely wonderful. Its very rare that we get that much time with him and went spent the whole time together with family and celebrating.

On Thanksgiving day we had a lazy morning at home. We made cinnamon rolls and just lounged around in our pjs. We went over to his parents house in Andover for a big lunch and lots of lazy time watching football and just enjoying everyone. The kids love love spending time at their grandparents house and its definitely a second home for them.


Friday morning we got out a little early, grabbed a cup of coffee and braved the crowds. We only went to two stores and didn't buy much but it was fun seeing what all the excitement is about on black friday. 

After that we came home and my family was coming to our house for Thanksgiving dinner. I cooked most of the day and was joined by some awesome company. I really do enjoy cooking........I just don't enjoy the mess afterwards:)
We had a great meal and it was fun to have my whole fam over. The kids soaked up family time and were spoiled like crazy. Although I missed out on the white russians (I will make up for it next year) the whole day was a blast. 
I will admit that I'm pretty sure my eyes were closed before my head hit my pillow that night.......But WELL worth it:)







0 comments:

Post a Comment