Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Saturday, October 13, 2012

Checking In

So its been 38 days since I quit my job and I have discovered a few things through this short time.
1. Absolutely no regrets. These 37 days with my littles have opened my eyes to exactly how much time I was missing with them.
Before quitting I was a ball of nerves. Was I making the right choice? What if I wanted to pull my hair out being smothered by 2 little ones all day every day? What if I actually sucked at being a mom day in and day out? These 37 days have been awesome. Sure there have been a few not so great days strung in there but I can see my relationship with both kids changing with all of the extra time we get to spend together. These very short and few years will go by so quickly. I feel so thankful that I have had this opportunity to live their little lives with them. To clean up yogurt from the floor for the millionth time, to change a hundred diahrea filled diapers, to put 17 bandaids on the same boo boo within 2 days......So a big thank you needs to go to my hubs. Without him this would not be possible.
2. I need to work just a little.
The 12 hours a week that are spent away from my kids and working for the college and with the future paramedics of this world are much more meaningful to me. I can cherish this time with adults, in the working world, discussing things and doing a job that I really do love. Being at home full time has made me appreciate my career so much more.
3. EMS is in my heart.
I love love that job to the end. It truely is the job for me. I strangely miss putting on my uniform and dealing with the unknown that I was called to each day. I really do miss it. Right now is not the season for me to be working full time with EMS but I pray that I may be able to return to it part time soon and maybe even full time once my kids are grown.

In the end I have learned I need to trust God more. Trust His plan for my life. Faith that He knows my needs and the needs of my family.

What a change this last month has been for me and the kids but a change that I get more excited about each day!!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment