Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Swim Lessons 2013

Kinsey just finished up the two week session of swim lessons at the YMCA today. Today was her last day and today was the first day she didn't shed a tear. My sweet little girl is a ball of nerves in new situations. At church and pretty much every other group activity she does with her peers she always knows someone in the class. Swim lessons were a different story. She knew no one and the big pool area freaked her out. It was good for her to get out of her comfort zone. She grew so much in terms of her water skills these two weeks. I am so proud of her.
She started out being ok in very shallow water. She can now put her face in and float on her back. She also uses a floaty with me at our neighborhood pool and will easily swim to the deep end alone. 
I have watched her confidence soar these past two weeks. Each time the teacher would put her all the way under she would jump out of the water and look for me making sure I saw her big accomplishment. 
Its crazy how much joy I get out of watching her experience new things.
She even made a couple of new friends!
Even though she didn't quite "pass" pike class I am so impressed with how well she has done and how far her swimming skills have came these past two weeks.
We are SO proud of you sweet girl!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment