Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Friday, April 18, 2014

Baby Update

This week I saw my regular ob again. I have not gained any weight in the last six weeks. Also, at my sono last week baby has continued to drop in percentiles. Baby started at 35%, then dropped to 30% and was 20% this week. That coupled with my lack of weight gain, coupled with the measurements of my stomach being low is a concern.
Dr Whiddon said that I am scheduled for another sono and weight check at 37 weeks. That is on May 7th. We will go to that visit and if baby has continued to decline in percentiles we will have a baby then.
What?!
I definitely was not expecting that. He says at that point the baby will be considered growth restricted and it becomes safer for baby to be out rather than in.
That means we could be having this baby in 2 and a half weeks!!!
To be honest I am a mess. I am not sure what to think. I have felt like with all of the testing we have done and the fact that my continued sonos show no new changes in regards to echogenic foci, that perhaps we just have too good of technology and that I will just have this baby and it will be healthy and perfect.
Now we are adding to lack of growth to the mix and I am back at square one. 
I am anxious and relying on my own reasoning to make everything better. Truth is, it won't happen. Truth is, I am trying to handle this on my own. Truth is, I need to lean on my heavenly father. This is His will. This baby is in His care. I know He is a just God and loves me and this baby. And that is enough.
So whether we have a baby in 2 and a half weeks or make it to 40 weeks I am thankful for this journey and this very special baby.
But until then......I better get my hospital bags packed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment