Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Monday, May 5, 2014

A little DIY goin on here

Small secret......I am totally envious of all of those crafty, creative, just plain awesome people out there who can whip up something totally awesome out of nothing in a matter of minutes. Truth be told, several of my friends are just that (You know who you are!!!)
Another not so small secret. That is just not me! Don't get me wrong, I have other talents, like being super punctual, pretty darn organized and having a hand written calendar/schedule/journal thats pretty awesome.
But the creativity/decorating/dressing myself in stylish ways gene just totally passed me by. 
I am trying to venture out more in that department which brings me to the point of this post. My front porch was in need of something......I mean anything. I have seen those cute little chalkboard easels and went to buy one. I priced them anywhere from 40$ to 70$. No way. Not paying that much.
So I found a DIY tutorial for one online totaling about 20$ in materials and a little manual labor. So off the Lowes I went. I may or may not have had to return things twice due to my husband kindly telling me I had purchased the wrong size lumber and I guess you have to look at the wood and make sure they are really straight before buying them? Well no one told me that memo. I also had to call in some help when it came to using the skill saw and drill motor. Thankful for a super handy man. He showed me how and then let me do it on my own. Yeah I still sucked and some of the boards are cut a little crooked. But oh well. It turned out and my porch looks semi decent!






PS: the awesome artwork credit goes to my hubs. Found a pic online that I liked and he just totally duplicated it. Yeah hes pretty awesome!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment