Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Kate is here part 2

Well the next morning after Kate was born (which was technically only a couple of hours later) all of the doctors were doing their rounds. Of course......first thing in the morning when we had not slept at all. Oh well.....I guess they were breaking us in to the sleep routine of a newborn. Kate's Dr came in to see here and mentally prepared me that she may have to stay longer than me. The thought of leaving without her made me sick to my stomach. She had to be able to regulate her body temperature, regulate her blood glucose, pass the car seat test and stabilize her bilirubin levels. 
We spent the day being checked on by drs and residents and having visitors. It was so great to have everyone come see our little miracle!
Kate did wonderful with her body temp and blood glucose levels. The drs all seemed so impressed, because she was so small.
Her bilirubin levels were a little high and her doctor said that he would check again the next day and they had to have leveled off otherwise she would have to stay another day and be under the lights. He said he assumed she would probably be staying bc she was so small and the bruise on her head is cause for a spike in bilirubin levels as well.
Praise Jesus! The next day they were perfect! My doctor gave me the ok to leave early. So not only did we get to leave together but we got discharged early! It was AMAZING! Leaving the hospital together as a family!
Mamu and papa brought Kinsey and Logan to meet Kate on friday morning. I was a mess of emotions, having all three of my babies together finally! I had prayed so hard throughout the last nine months and my exact prayer had been fulfilled! Our family of 5 was together and healthy! Kinsey immediately went to her and tried to unswaddle her and change her outfit. She treated her just like baby dolls and had picked out tons of coordinating outfits and wanted to try each one on her! So sweet. Logan was a weepy mess, he knew his life had changed and he wanted nothing to do with me or Kate. Literally 3 days after she was born was the first time he would come and sit with me. He clung to daddy and cried and cried when he realized that daddy was staying at the hospital while he went home with mamu and papa. So very sad.


Now that we had been given the ok to leave it was time to go home and start our new life! Ready or not we are a family of 5!!
Here are a few hospital pics!











0 comments:

Post a Comment