Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Keeping my head above water

We are a week and a half into this craziness of 2 kids and everyone is still alive. *Sigh* In some ways this is much easier than when Kinsey was born. I know what to expect with a newborn (no sleep, being a milk machine, ect....). What I wasn't prepared for is how upset Kinsey would be. It's not that she doesn't like her little brother, she just does not understand why she can't pick him up and carry him across the room, poke his eyes, shove a binky into his mouth and treat him like her baby dolls. This is super frustrating to both her and me. The end result is a screaming toddler whenever the word "no" is mentioned. That coupled with a screaming newborn because he is hungry is enough to make me want to run away. Ok.....its pretty stressful but I'm not going anywhere!
I have been so lucky to have meals set up for us for almost 3 weeks and the most amazing friends a gal could ask for. I have had multiple offers to take Kinsey for a morning and when Josh goes back to work on Monday I WILL be taking advantage of that.
Josh going to work brings up another set of struggles that I soon will have. How in the heck to you get a toddler who doesnt want to walk and a newborn in a carseat into a store? How do I keep the meltdowns from Kinsey to a minimum while I am feeding Logan and cannot tend to her every need? How do I not start in on a fresh bottle of wine at noon? Ok the last one was a joke, or not! But seriously all of these things will have to get ironed out once I am manning this ship alone. Despite being super nervous, I know I will get through this....everyone does. It may not be the prettiest next couple of weeks but we WILL manage.
On another note, Logan is just the most precious little guy I could ask for. All in all, he is a pretty content little baby and takes an eye poking from his sister like a champ. For now all he does is eat, sleep and poop but we couldn't love him more!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment