Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Saturday, February 11, 2012

We are a family of 4!

Yep!!! The time is here! Logan finally chose to make his grand arrival. Because I was 6 days early with Kinsey, and because I was so much bigger, I just assumed he would be early. That darn little nugget made me wait the ENTIRE time! We were scheduled to be induced Monday morning at 6:30am, Feb 6th. Sunday night I took some tylenol pm, planned to get a GREAT nights sleep and then wake up early and primp before heading to the hospital!
At 2:13 am I as I was woken from my sleep and thought I peed my pants. Gross. Maybe the tylenol pm was just too much for me! I got out of bed and the "pee" kept coming. Holy Smokes! I think my water just broke. I promptly woke Josh up (who had just fallen asleep because he was too excited about the next morning) and told him what happened. We called my mom to come over and stay with Kinsey, I packed my necessities, makeup, flat iron, and headed to the hospital. I had some minor contractions on the way but nothing that was too painful or regular. By the time we got checked in and settled into a room they were a little stronger. Initally I was only dilated to a 1 and a half. I know! WIMP! They wanted to see how I would do on my own and gave me a couple of hours to progress. It went too slow and then pitocin was started. Things got much worse after that and I was quickly asking for an epidural. The resident told me it was much too early, as I was only dilated to a 3 and that he didnt think the doctor would give him the ok. Well he was wrong and my Dr gave me the ok for an epidural at a 3! Life was great. We spent the next few hours talking and joking as I was feeling no pain. Modern medicine is AMAZING! Soon it was time to push. I spent 25 minutes pushing and at 12:09pm Logan was born weighing 8lb 4oz and 20.5inches long. He is absolutely perfect and I am so in love! I cant believe he is finally here and I am so excited for this new life as a family of 4!

*Now I just need to change the info on my blog (be patient I have a 5 day old!)

*Here are some pics!




0 comments:

Post a Comment