Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Monday, August 26, 2013

Bye Bye "BeeBee"

10 days ago we bit the bullet and took away Logans paci. 
He had been down to only using it in his bed for the past month or so but it was time to go. I seem to always dread the major changes and think they will be bigger deals than they actually are. The kids have done rather well with those changes. Looks like I may have some control issues. (I guess thats not really a secret).
He has done really well with actually falling asleep without it. Unlike sissy he actually had a name for it and could ask for it. He would cry "beebee" and reach towards his dresser where he knew they were hidden. That really tugs at the heart strings. Felt like I was taking his best friend away. But lets be honest......he can't go to kindergarten still sleeping with his "beebee" and eventually his friends would make fun of him and he would never be invited to a sleepover. So see pal, I have your best interest at heart.
So going to bed without "beebee" has been easy peasy its the waking up part that we are having trouble with. 
Each day since taking "beebee" away he has been waking earlier and earlier. Look, I know I am spoiled by miss I need 15 hours of sleep each night, but this guy is exhausting me. Before we took "beebee" away he would sleep until 7:30ish. Way earlier than sissy but I can handle 7:30. Today he reached a new record of 6:15. If it gets worse than this I may lose my mind. 
Cheers to at least 7:00 tomorrow pal!
Even if you wake at the crack of dawn you are one loved little guy. I hope you don't hate me forever for taking your best friend away.


0 comments:

Post a Comment