Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Weekend at the Lake

Last weekend we loaded up with 4 other couples and headed to Beaver Lake.
A gal pal of mine had the hook up with a totally sweet lake house. Its her cousins husbands dads house. Follow that?.....
Anyway we stayed in the guest house with 3 other couples. Yep its that cool that it even has a guest house. 

My sweet kiddies stayed with uncle Tommy and aunt Meagan. It was the first time I have left them for more than one night with anyone other than Josh. I was a mess leading up to actually dropping them off but once the weekend got started I was able to enjoy myself. Props to my bro for sending tons of pics to make sure they were doing great!

We arrived late Friday afternoon. We spent the evening just chatting away on the back deck that looks over the lake. I am pretty sure I have not laughed so hard in ages. Its totally awesomeness when your cheeks ache from laughter.

Woke up early Saturday morn and went for a run in the Arkansas hills. Ever tried that? Well my shins will tell you that its no easy task. Then had some incredibly awesome coffee sitting on the dock enjoying the morning. Not sure if the coffee was actually that tasty or it was the company and scenery. We spent the day laying on the dock, jet skiing and tubing. Literally 9 hours out in the awesome weather. Does the soul good.

We came back sunday morning. I felt refreshed and rested. Its amazing the amount of attention that raising little ones takes from your marriage. It was so nice to spend time with Josh and actually be his wife rather than mommy.







0 comments:

Post a Comment