Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Monday, January 19, 2015

5 years old

I'm not sure how this happened. Kinsey is 5.
With all of the Christmas and New Years excitement, I got a little distracted and did have a lot of time to think about the fact that my baby is growing up. Now that it's here I have a ton of emotions flying through me. She is absolutely perfect. She made me a mommy. I am beyond proud of her and I sometimes feel that my heart could very literally burst out of my chest. That is how much I love her.

Kinsey,
I will never forget the day we welcomed you into this world. It felt like I was up in the corner of that hospital room watching it all happen. I have never felt such instant love. You came into this world with very tiny cries. Nothing loud, dramatic or crazy. And that is how you continue to be. You are a peacekeeper. You are a natural nurturer. You will make the most amazing mommy one day. You tend to stand back and watch what others do and then make your choices. We call you a "people watcher." When you get in big crowds or around people you don't know well you tend to be shy. But when you are home with us or with close friends you are in your comfort zone. You are a performer and love singing and dancing. You are such a good big sister. For the most part you are so very tolerant of Logan and Kate. Often letting Logan wear your dress up clothes and play with your babies. You love to doodle and journal. You write and color on pieces of paper and then keep them all stashed in a box in your room. You love to do stickers, paint, color or pretty much anything "craft" related. You are such a big helper and enjoy when I give you tasks to help with around the house. My prayer for you sweet girl is that you always hold on to your innocence. I pray that the harshness of this world never rubs off on you. I pray that your beautiful smile is used to brighten all those lives around you. I pray that you remain close to your siblings and that you always know just how very special you are. 
Your daddy and I love you so so very much and are so very thankful your little life!!

We started off your birthday day with your third annual Donuts at the Donut hole. The grandparents met us there and we celebrated with some tasty donuts and lots of laughter. I hope this is a tradition we continue for a very very long time.



That night daddy and I took you to a special birthday dinner with just you. We went to Abuelos. We took our sweet little time and even played some games. We ordered cake for dessert too! It is so rare that you actually get both of us all to yourself. You enjoyed every minute. You are so grown up, even bringing your purse into the restaurant with you too!





0 comments:

Post a Comment