Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Wednesday, January 13, 2010

12 Days old.




Where to start?.....Well today Kinsey is 12 days old and changing each day. The past week and a half has been the most rewarding time of my life.....lots of sleepiness in there as well. The past few days Kinsey has been battling tummy cramps. She just cannot seem to get comfortable and when she cries you can tell it is a painful cry. She grunts and pushes and pulls her legs up to her tummy. We went to the Dr and he suggested Mylecon drops before each feeding. He also told us that many newborns deal with tummy issues and that I really need to watch what I am eating. My diet needs to be as bland as possible. So for the last few days I have been living on rice, noodles, bananas, toast and apple juice. Today though, I am able to notice a difference. She has been able to sleep easier and not as fussy. We have been having some issues sleeping at night. We have her pack and play set up next to our bed which has a bassinet in the top. She absolutely hates sleeping in there. The only place she has been able to fall asleep is next to me in bed. I know I know....very bad habit. I feel so bad that her tummy hurts that I want to let her rest whenever and wherever she can. As soon as she is feeling better we will be breaking that habit. She is also eating VERY well. During the day she can want to nurse as much as every 45 minutes. She is already up to 7lbs 9oz from her birth weight of 6lbs 6oz. The Dr. said not to worry and to feed her when shes hungry. Looks like she has inherited her daddys appetite :)




Josh and I could not be more blessed. We have the perfect little angel and look forward to all of the milestones to come. We love you so much Kinsey




0 comments:

Post a Comment