Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting the hang of things




Life is finally starting to return back to normal......slightly. We are now into our second week alone at home while Daddy works. Kinsey is growing everyday and I see her changing each day as well. She now spends about a half hour a day doing tummy time. She seems to really enjoy it. She can now hold her head up for almost ten seconds and has turned her head from one side to the other while on her tummy. She is growing up sooo fast *tear* During the day she is an absolute angel. She is perfectly content lying in her swing or boppy and looking around. While doing chores around the house I talk to her and tell her what I am doing. She seems to really listen.....or maybe I just think she is. She is still eating every 2-3 hours. That is probably the most exhausting part. We have started giving her a bottle a day. She seems a little confused about this strange bottle thing. She will chug it down really fast and then seem hungry only a short time later. Im not sure if this is normal or not but she seems to eat less and stay full longer when she nurses. When night time comes so does the stress. Each night I try to lay her down in her pack and play next to our bed. She begins to cry. So Josh and I take turns going in there to soothe her and then we leave the room. She starts to scream again. So we go back in there to soothe her again and leave. We repeat this routing for a couple of hours or until I give in. I put her in bed next to me and she is instantly quiet and falls asleep and stays asleep. I know this is a bad habit but she only seems to be happy next to me. I may wait until she is a little older and we can start letting her cry it out in her crib. I think she is too young to just let her cry now though. Anyone who has any advice I am all ears.




This weekend we got out quite a bit. On Sunday we went over to my brothers house and he cooked reubens for us. We then went to a fundraiser at Kims Karate Academy. One of our friends practices karate there and they were having a fundraiser for Haiti victims. We donated money and got to watch all of their stunts. It was pretty entertaining and Kinsey slept through the whole thing. My parents came for a short visit on Sunday night. On Monday I started my first day back at the gym. It was nice to get out and have some alone time. Even if for only an hour and a half. I missed my little princess though.




Hopefully everyone has a good week!!!




1 comments:

Melissa said...

wow! 30min on her tummy! Ansley still isn't to fond of tummy time! She looks adorable:) what kind of bottles are you using?

Post a Comment