Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Friday, January 14, 2011

Birthday Girl

Ok  Ok running a bit behind on this one but read previous posts and that will be explained! We celebrated our baby girls one year birthday on Jan 1st. It just so happened that her actual birthday fell on a Saturday so she truely was the birthday girl that day.
What an absolutely perfect day we had. We are so lucky to have the family and friends that we do to share our lives with. Kinsey is so blessed to be surrounded by these wonderful people. We had her party at our house as we wanted her to be in a familar place while all of the chaos was going on. Her party was cupcake themed. My good friends mom made the cupcakes and Kinseys smash cake. I (with the help of close family and friends), made the cupcake lollipops. Then we also had a few other snacks in the mix. Kinsey got so many presents that our house had to have an overhaul in the area of baby toy storage.
My awesomely wonderful brother made a slide show of Kinseys first year of life set to uber sappy for mom songs. I cried my eyes out. To see how much she has grown and changed. Not to mention how much she has changed me. *Tear Tear Tear*
She opened presents with assistance from mom and dad. Then came time to eat her cake. Complete DUD! She touched it and then wanted absolutely nothing else to do with it. She did not like the fact that her hands had icing on them and wanted mommy and daddy to get her out of her chair NOW!
Oh well.....I guess you come to expect those things with little ones. We wrapped up the cake and saved it in hopes to use it during her one year pics......(which I need to schedule very soon)

*Warning* do not continue reading unless you want sappy mommy talk. This is just so I can keep my feelings somewhere to reflect on when she is 16 and wants nothing to do with me

Kinsey
This year has been completely life changing for me and your daddy. You have changed us as individuals. I had no idea I could love something as much as I love you. My hope for you is that you grow up to be happy young woman with pride in herself. I think of how much you have changed me and look forward to the day you become a mother and know the kind of love I have for you. You have absolutely completed my life and marriage. I look forward to watching you grow and seeing the changes that are ahead for you. I cherish every moment I spend with you and love you more than anything princess
Love always
Mommy

Now for the good stuff!!! Pictures







0 comments:

Post a Comment