Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Sunday, December 13, 2009

25 days till D Day


Almost there. I can't believe it's so close. I can see Kinsey now laying in her crib with a little pink outfit on and a ridiculous bow Kelli insisted she wear. She'll be beautiful, just like her mother. If anyone out there has an instruction manual for this bundle of joy please let me know. I'm unsure if reality has fully sunk in. Sure all the things Kinsey could need and want fill her room, including the love of two soon to be proud parents, but she's not here yet. I'm not sure it will all seem real until I see her face, hear her cry and reach out to put her hand in mine. I think about these things every day as Kellis due date draws near. The anticipation is killing me. As I stand in her room and look at all the things we've given her I just think...... I hope she likes pink.

And then there's my wife. I see other women struggle with their pregnancies complaining of back aches and uncomfortableness at the same stage Kelli is, yet I hear little from her. Yes, she may ask for back rubs, help putting on her work boots, has the occasional demand for mashed potatoes with white gravy at midnight, and uses pregnancy as an excuse for the dishes not being done, but she handles it gracefully (aside from the mashed potatoes,...it gets pretty ugly). Each morning she wakes and lets me know "26 days left babe!" . Thats how I knew there was 25 left today. I didn't even have to look at a calender, I have my wife. I can only hope that my daughter takes as many qualities from her mother as she can. Hears to you babe. I can't wait for the miracle of life that you've blessed me with. I hope she can do dishes too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment