Welcome to our life

OUR GROWING FAMILY







Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rainy day fun

Yesterday, after a night of storms that kept the kids awake, we woke to a dreary day. One of those days you just want to stay in bed all day.
Both kids had different ideas.
Both woke up early (early for my kids:)) and were itching to go!
Yesterday was a day I totally wished Kinsey had rain boots. I told myself it would be dumb to buy them, that she would never get enough use out of them. Well yesterday was one day she would have worn them.
I got both kids dressed and bundled up and we went out to stomp in the rain puddles. (Well actually Logan only got to watch from the stroller......lame, but your time will come little man).
Much to my dismay the puddles were actually pretty lame so I guess we have a pretty good drainage system?! Anyway, we stomped in the ones we could find and just enjoyed running out some morning energy.

 
Then the day got WAY better when she got to go for a school bus ride!!! Since she has started to notice school buses she has been begging me to ride one. Sorry little lady but in my day I learned bad things on the school bus and as long as Im able to this momma is driving you to school!!
Breanne babysits the kids all the time and we just love her and her mom to death.
Super sweet people.
Well Breannes mom Michelle drives buses for the Maize school system. She is so stinking sweet and was able to schedule it to where she could bring the bus by our house and pick up Kinsey, then go pick up the Kindergarteners at the school and bring Kinsey home!
What an awesome thing for a 2 year old!!
We talked all week about riding the bus. She was pumped.
Then the bus pulled up to the driveway.
Cue the screaming and tears.
Suddenly shes not so excited to ride the bus.
After a short little talk and some encouragement from her friend she was ready to get on.

 
After getting buckled in they were off for the much anticipated school bus ride.
When Michelle dropped her off it was so cute to see the big kids wave goodbye from the bus.
I was so happy that she was so happy.
We met Josh at his work and she ran up to him screaming "Daddy I ride the school bus!!!"
This dreary day turned out to be a super fun one!!!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment